Since I like to copy Chris Shiflett as much as possible, I decided to create my own list of 2004 highlights. My list is relatively short, though it’s a start, and I’m quite proud of my personal achievements. I began 2004 as a no-name in PHP-dom; now, at least five people know who I am.
- Joined the PHPCommunity.org movement in January
- Prompted by PHPCommunity.org and other community bloggers, I started blogging
- Co-founded Atlanta PHP
- Published my first two articles for International PHP Magazine: "Making a GUI Mess of PHP" and "Teaching Parrot to Say 'PHP'"
- Changed jobs
- Became a Zend Certified Engineer
- Joined the PHP Security Consortium
- Contributed to PHP 5 Unleashed
This year was a year of firsts for me. In the next year, I plan to roll out a few more articles and attend several conferences, creating some more firsts and many more experiences for my enjoyment. Happy 2005!