I’m flying out to San Jose tomorrow for the Zend/PHP Conference and Expo. Does anyone know the way? ;-)
I’ll be speaking at this conference on Tuesday during the 2:30pm time slot. My presentation is an overview of Web Services entitled “XML & Web Services With PHP (An Overview).” The abstract follows:
What is XML? What are Web Services? This talk will answer both of these questions, exploring ways to use the powerful features of PHP 5 to consume and create XML-based Web Services. Topics will include SOAP, XML-RPC, and REST, giving real-world examples and explaining the differences between and benefits of each.
There are many things I’m looking forward to during this conference, including:
- Meeting Eli White of digg.com and seeing his presentation on “High Volume PHP & MySQL Scaling Techniques”
- Meeting and visiting with many #phpc friends (from Freenode IRC) and wearing our t-shirts on Tuesday
- Seeing Marcus Boerger’s and Sara Golemon’s “Extending PHP” tutorial.
- Aaron Wormus’s talk about migrating to PHP 5
- The happy hour sponsored by OmniTI on Wednesday evening
- Rooming with Aaron Wormus
- Touring the Winchester Mansion on Halloween night
- Meeting old friends and making new ones
For more information about the conference, check out the Zend/PHP Conference and Expo Web site. Also be sure to check out the sample PDF program they have posted on their site. It looks pretty slick, and I can’t wait to see the print versions.