Moontoast, the company where I now work, is looking for senior PHP developers. This is an on-site (Nashville, TN), contract position that could potentially develop into a full-time position. If you’re interested, let me know, and send your resume to hr [at] moontoast.com.
Moontoast is a social commerce network for people to pursue and promote their passions through personal relationships. Moontoast simply connects those who know, with those who want to know.
Moontoast is seeking passionate, senior PHP developers—who want to pursue and promote their passion for writing high quality code—to enhance the Moontoast social commerce platform. We are looking for self-motivated individuals with the right attitude and excellent skills who can hit the ground running in a fast-paced web startup. Ideal candidates will thrive in a tight-knit team environment, promoting their passion for software design by leading product teams and mentoring our growing development team.
The main responsibilities of a senior PHP developer include:
- Working with the senior developers and architects to provide leadership in technical design and architecture of the Moontoast platform
- Setting estimates and expectations for new product development and implementing new features, tracking on target deadlines
- Mentoring and leading developers by example through writing clean, well-documented, maintainable code and enforcing standards and best practices
- Participating as an active Moontoast Guide in the Moontoast Developer Community
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with PHP
- 8+ years of experience with web development
- Deep understanding of browsers and HTTP
- Experts at object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop complex web services
- Extensive experience with the Symfony framework and Doctrine
- Working knowledge of version control systems (Subversion, Git, etc.)
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
We would like to see:
- A passion for web development and an interest in sharing that with others
- Independent thinkers with strong leadership qualities
- Demonstrated ability to develop large-scale websites
- Experience with service-oriented architectures, web services, and Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of advanced data organization concepts, such as sharding
- Experience with other PHP frameworks utilizing the MVC design pattern
- Expert Linux development skills, from the command prompt to the web server
- Open source project development experience
- Developer community involvement (blogging, speaking, articles, Twitter, etc.)
- Zend PHP 5 Certification
- MS in Computer Science
We invite interested candidates to send resumes to hr [at] moontoast.com.